Have you seen the hoarder TV shows?
Hoarders might be a perfect analogy for what most humans do with negative emotions, thoughts, limiting beliefs and bad memories. Most of us routinely throw out the garbage, old newspapers, junk and clutter. We clean out our refrigerators. We put away our clean dishes and clothes.
Hoarders don’t. They keep it all. Every horizontal surface may end up covered with stuff.
Houses as symbols in dreams
Dreams use symbols – and a dream about a house usually symbolizes the dreamer’s body or inner life.
If we could “see” the negative emotions, thoughts, reactions to painful memories and judgments that fill up our “inner house,” most of us would label ourselves “psychic hoarders.”
They impair our ability to “move around,” to think and act in new and creative ways, to come up with different and better ways to live our lives with peace and love.
They hinder our ability to feel comfortable in our life because there’s no place to rest our spirit.
You could be a psychic hoarder if you answer yes to these questions.
Don’t judge yourself, you’re not alone – I wrote them from my own experience! Do upi:
- Think or act negatively towards yourself or others even when you don’t want to?
- Wonder if some of your physical ailments are outward signs of inner turmoil?
- Hold grudges that you can’t let go?
- Have bad memories that haunt you?
- Have problems sleeping because you can’t turn off your thoughts?
- Feel you’re being held back from accomplishing something important and know that part of the reason is holding negative thoughts, emotions or beliefs?
I recommend cleaning out the clutter because:
- You might be unable to access your spiritual gifts because of the negative emotions and memories.
- There might be a really cool experience or life you’re meant to enjoy, but you can’t reach it because of the “stuff” piled in front of the door to that experience or life.
- Clearing some of your “rotten thoughts and emotions” could help your body heal.
Intuitive healing helps to clean out the negative stuff and replace it with positive energy and beliefs. It works primarily with the soul rather than just the mind.
A complete “inner house” cleaning doesn’t happen in one session. Would you expect to clear out a house with 10 – ?? years of accumulated “stuff” in one hour? But it is absolutely possible to experience a profound clearing in one session if you are ready and open.
Want to Do It Yourself?
- It’s possible to start releasing negative emotions, thoughts and limiting beliefs.
- Here are a few techniques I use.
- Practice meditation to allow positive energy to envelop you.
- Use Byron Katie’s Judge Your Neighbor worksheet. It’s brilliant, but takes some practice. I’ve done a bunch of these.
- Write down the negative thoughts on paper, and prayerfully (and safely) burn the paper, asking for healing.